What do I need to know before retiring in Laos?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Laos, they said...
"Before retiring in Laos, expats should be aware of the cost of living, which is generally lower than in many other countries. It is important to research the availability of healthcare and medical facilities, as well as the quality of the services provided. Expats should also be aware of the local laws and regulations, and ensure that they are compliant with them. Additionally, expats should familiarize themselves with the local culture and customs, and be respectful of them. Finally, expats should ensure that they have the necessary visas and permits to live and work in Laos," said a member in Laos.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
"Things here run very differently. It's slow and has to be done a certain way. It's best to go with the flow. Come here with an open mind and you should be ok! Don't expect much of a nightlife as there isn't one," remarked another expat who made the move to Vientiane, Laos.
- What do I need to know before moving to Laos?
- How do I find a place to live in Laos?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Laos?
- What is the average cost of housing in Laos?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Laos?
- What should I pack when moving to Laos?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Laos?
- Why do people move to Laos?
- What are healthcare services like in Laos?
- What are medical services in Laos like?
- What are typical rents in Laos?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What do I need to know before retiring in Laos?If you live in Laos, newcomers to Laos would love to hear your answer to this question.