What do I need to know before retiring in Moldova?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Moldova, they said...
"1. Expats should research the cost of living in Moldova before retiring there, as it is generally lower than in other countries. 2. It is important to understand the local language, as English is not widely spoken in Moldova. 3. Expats should also be aware of the local laws and regulations, as well as the visa requirements for staying in the country. 4. Healthcare in Moldova is generally of a good standard, but expats should ensure they have adequate health insurance coverage. 5. Expats should also research the local culture and customs, as well as the climate, to ensure they are prepared for life in Moldova," commented one expat who made the move to Moldova.
"1.Profit on eating healthy and organic Moldovan food! 2. Be kind in clubs and bars, but do not exagerate-people will try to profit on you 3. Moldovan Women are the best in the world in matter of everything: smart, good wifes, good at work, good at cooking.... 4. Try to avoid discussions with drunk local people- they may kick your ass," remarked another expat in Chisinau, Moldova.
- What should I pack when moving to Moldova?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Moldova?
- Will I be able to find a job in Moldova?
- What is life like in Moldova?
- What do expats in Moldova appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Moldova?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Moldova accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Moldova like?
- What are healthcare services like in Moldova?
- What are medical services in Moldova like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Moldova?
- What are emergency services like in Moldova?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Moldova?
- How are local medical facilities in Moldova?
- As a foreigner living in Moldova, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What do I need to know before retiring in Moldova?If you live in Moldova, newcomers to Moldova would love to hear your answer to this question.