What do I need to know before retiring in Netherlands?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Netherlands, they said...
"With its international flavor and resources supporting expats, The Hague is what I think is a relatively easy city in which to find your way. It's also an easy starting place to travel throughout the Netherlands and a great place from which to visit other countries," remarked another expat in The Hague, Netherlands.
"hmmm difficult. Actually nothing in tone of warning... just DO IT! It's a great place," said a member in Leiden, Netherlands.
- What do I need to know before moving to The Netherlands?
- How do I find a place to live in The Netherlands?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in The Netherlands?
- What is the average cost of housing in The Netherlands?
- Should I buy or rent a home in The Netherlands?
- What should I pack when moving to The Netherlands?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in The Netherlands?
- Why do people move to The Netherlands?
- What are healthcare services like in The Netherlands?
- What are medical services in The Netherlands like?
- What are typical rents in The Netherlands?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What do I need to know before retiring in Netherlands?If you live in The Netherlands, newcomers to The Netherlands would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.