What are the schools in Austria like?
When we asked about the schools in Austria, they said...
"The American International School (AIS) Vienna is one of the top international schools in Austria. Founded in 1965, it is a not-for-profit, independent, coeducational day school that offers a US-style, college-preparatory education for students from pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade. AIS Vienna offers a rigorous blend of both American and International Baccalaureate (IB) curricula, which prepares students for success in international and diverse collegiate environments. The Lingualeo International and Bilingual School in Vienna is another top international school in Austria. The school opened in 2010 and provides a bilingual education in English and German. It offers the Language and Thinking Program (LTP), a unique approach to learning, which focuses on developing the student’s critical thinking skills and creativity. The school also provides a full International Baccalaureate program. The Vienna International School (VIS) is another highly respected international school in Austria. Founded in 1964, it is also a not-for-profit, independent day school offering a college-preparatory program for students aged 3 to 18. The school offers a full International Baccalaureate (IB) program, as well as an English-language diploma program. Finally, the Vienna International Bilingual School (VIBS) is one of the top bilingual schools in Austria. Founded in 2007, it is a private, progressive, non-denominational school offering an integrated program, combining both English and German. The program is divided into three sections: the native speaker level, the bilingual level, and the bilingual-plus level. The school promotes collaborative learning, with an emphasis on critical thinking and problem-solving skills," commented one expat when asked about in Austria.
"Start at least six months before the school term to allow for proper registration and testing for placement," explained one expat in Vienna, Austria with kids at Vienna Christian School.
- What should I pack when moving to Austria?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Austria?
- Will I be able to find a job in Austria?
- What is life like in Austria?
- What do expats in Austria appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Austria?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Austria accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Austria like?
- What are healthcare services like in Austria?
- What are medical services in Austria like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Austria?
- What are emergency services like in Austria?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Austria?
- How are local medical facilities in Austria?
- As a foreigner living in Austria, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What are the schools in Austria like?If you live in Austria, newcomers to Austria would love to hear your answer to this question.