What should I pack when moving to Sri Lanka?
We asked people living in Sri Lanka to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Sri Lanka, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and culture. Consider bringing lightweight, breathable clothing that is appropriate for the hot and humid climate. It is also important to bring items that will help you stay connected to your home country, such as a laptop, phone, and any necessary chargers. Additionally, it is a good idea to bring any necessary medications, as well as a first aid kit. Finally, don't forget to bring any important documents, such as your passport and visa," explained one expat living in Sri Lanka.
William Russell's private medical insurance will cover you and your family wherever you may be. Whether you need primary care or complex surgery, you'll have access to the best hospitals & doctors available. Unlike some insurers, we also include medical evacuation and mental health cover in our plans (except SilverLite). Get a quote from our partner, William Russell.
GET A QUOTE
- What do I need to know before moving to Sri Lanka?
- How do I find a place to live in Sri Lanka?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Sri Lanka?
- What is the average cost of housing in Sri Lanka?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Sri Lanka?
- What should I pack when moving to Sri Lanka?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Sri Lanka?
- Why do people move to Sri Lanka?
- What are healthcare services like in Sri Lanka?
- What are medical services in Sri Lanka like?
- What are typical rents in Sri Lanka?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What should I pack when moving to Sri Lanka?If you live in Sri Lanka, newcomers to Sri Lanka would love to hear your answer to this question.