What should I pack when moving to Venezuela?
We asked people living in Venezuela to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Venezuela, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and culture. Bring clothing that is lightweight and breathable, as well as items that will protect you from the sun. It is also important to bring items that will help you stay cool, such as a fan or air conditioning unit. Additionally, it is a good idea to bring items that will help you stay connected to your home country, such as a laptop or smartphone. Finally, it is important to bring any necessary medications and medical supplies," remarked another expat in Venezuela.
"I wish I brought my non-toxic insect repellent, more fancy clothes (people here dress up more) and a car (cars here are overpriced and there's a waiting list for purchases). I wish I left my uncomfortable shoes because I walk a lot more. Other than that, everything I brought has come in handy," said a member in Caracas, Venezuela.
- What do I need to know before moving to Venezuela?
- How do I find a place to live in Venezuela?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Venezuela?
- What is the average cost of housing in Venezuela?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Venezuela?
- What should I pack when moving to Venezuela?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Venezuela?
- Why do people move to Venezuela?
- What are healthcare services like in Venezuela?
- What are medical services in Venezuela like?
- What are typical rents in Venezuela?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What should I pack when moving to Venezuela?If you live in Venezuela, newcomers to Venezuela would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.