What should I pack when moving to Yemen?
We asked people living in Yemen to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Yemen, it is important to pack clothing that is appropriate for the climate. Lightweight, breathable fabrics such as cotton and linen are ideal for the hot and humid weather. It is also important to bring a good supply of sunscreen and insect repellent. Additionally, it is recommended to bring a first aid kit, as well as any necessary medications. It is also important to bring a few items to make your new home more comfortable, such as bedding, kitchenware, and basic furniture. Finally, it is important to bring any important documents, such as passports and visas," commented one expat who made the move to Yemen.
- What should I pack when moving to Yemen?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Yemen?
- Will I be able to find a job in Yemen?
- What is life like in Yemen?
- What do expats in Yemen appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Yemen?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Yemen accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Yemen like?
- What are healthcare services like in Yemen?
- What are medical services in Yemen like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Yemen?
- What are emergency services like in Yemen?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Yemen?
- How are local medical facilities in Yemen?
- As a foreigner living in Yemen, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Yemen?If you live in Yemen, newcomers to Yemen would love to hear your answer to this question.