What should I pack when moving to Austria?
We asked people living in Austria to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"Well, every time we return to the States we brings loads of our favorites things. But we never forget our vitamins which cost a fortune in Austria, our over the counter meds, also expensive here and spices. Thank You Sam's and Costco! The biggest mistake was shipping our Volvo 6cyl over here, it cost us 22,000 euros in customs fees when we had been told it might be 6000 euros… ugh. We also brought too many clothes for fitting into their Schranks, it's just not necessary. And the best piece of advise is sign up for Amazon.de, they have everything," explained one expat living in Austria.
"Wish I brought a variety of Ziplock bags and containers. Wish I brought Uncle Dans Ranch Dressing, and also Best Foods Mayo. And my 12 cup Cuisinart coffee maker. I have too long a list. 3 things I should not have brought , I cannot think of even one," said another expat in Graz, Austria.
- What do I need to know before moving to Austria?
- How do I find a place to live in Austria?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Austria?
- What is the average cost of housing in Austria?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Austria?
- What should I pack when moving to Austria?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Austria?
- Why do people move to Austria?
- What are healthcare services like in Austria?
- What are medical services in Austria like?
- What are typical rents in Austria?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What should I pack when moving to Austria?If you live in Austria, newcomers to Austria would love to hear your answer to this question.