What should I pack when moving to Ghana?
We asked people living in Ghana to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Ghana, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and culture. Bring clothing that is lightweight and breathable, as well as items that will protect you from the sun. It is also important to bring items that will help you stay connected to your home country, such as a laptop, phone, and any necessary chargers. Additionally, it is a good idea to bring a few items that will help you adjust to the local culture, such as books about Ghanaian history and culture, and a few items that will help you learn the local language. Finally, don't forget to bring any necessary medications and toiletries," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Ghana.
- What should I pack when moving to Ghana?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Ghana?
- Will I be able to find a job in Ghana?
- What is life like in Ghana?
- What do expats in Ghana appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Ghana?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Ghana accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Ghana like?
- What are healthcare services like in Ghana?
- What are medical services in Ghana like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Ghana?
- What are emergency services like in Ghana?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Ghana?
- How are local medical facilities in Ghana?
- As a foreigner living in Ghana, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Ghana?If you live in Ghana, newcomers to Ghana would love to hear your answer to this question.