What should I pack when moving to Hungary?
We asked people living in Hungary to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Hungary, it is important to pack items that will help you adjust to the climate and culture. Pack clothing that is appropriate for the season, such as a coat and warm clothing for the winter months. Bring comfortable shoes for walking around the city. Pack items that will help you feel at home, such as pictures of family and friends, books, and music. Don't forget to bring any necessary documents, such as a passport, visa, and other important paperwork. Additionally, it is a good idea to bring a few items that will help you learn the language, such as a Hungarian dictionary or phrasebook," wrote a member who made the move to Hungary.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
"If you’re relocating to Hungary the only things you really need to bring are the things that are irreplaceable to you. Family photos, art, mementos. Despite what you may have heard virtually everything else is available if you know where to look. Jonesing for a Reese’s peanut butter cup? Asian store on Kiraly in the 6th and so on. Anything you pack and ship besides clothes and personal items is probably a waste. I wish I brought half as much as I did. Things not to bring? Furniture and anything with a plug," explained one expat living in Budapest, Hungary.
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to Hungary?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Hungary?
- Will I be able to find a job in Hungary?
- What is life like in Hungary?
- What do expats in Hungary appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Hungary?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Hungary accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Hungary like?
- What are healthcare services like in Hungary?
- What are medical services in Hungary like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Hungary?
- What are emergency services like in Hungary?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Hungary?
- How are local medical facilities in Hungary?
- As a foreigner living in Hungary, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Hungary?If you live in Hungary, newcomers to Hungary would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.