What should I pack when moving to Latvia?
We asked people living in Latvia to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Latvia, it is important to pack warm clothing, as the climate is cold and wet. It is also important to bring a good raincoat and waterproof shoes. Additionally, it is recommended to bring a good supply of sunscreen and insect repellent, as the summer months can be quite warm and sunny. It is also a good idea to bring a few basic items such as a flashlight, a first aid kit, and a multi-plug adapter. Finally, it is important to bring any necessary documents such as a passport, visa, and any other relevant paperwork," commented one expat who made the move to Latvia.
- What should I pack when moving to Latvia?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Latvia?
- Will I be able to find a job in Latvia?
- What is life like in Latvia?
- What do expats in Latvia appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Latvia?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Latvia accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Latvia like?
- What are healthcare services like in Latvia?
- What are medical services in Latvia like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Latvia?
- What are emergency services like in Latvia?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Latvia?
- How are local medical facilities in Latvia?
- As a foreigner living in Latvia, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Latvia?If you live in Latvia, newcomers to Latvia would love to hear your answer to this question.