What should I pack when moving to Luxembourg?
We asked people living in Luxembourg to list three things they wish they had brought and three they wish they had left behind. They responded...
"When moving to Luxembourg, it is important to pack items that will help you feel comfortable in your new home. Consider bringing clothing for all seasons, as the weather can vary greatly throughout the year. It is also a good idea to bring any necessary documents, such as a passport, visa, and any other important paperwork. Additionally, it is helpful to bring items that will help you feel at home, such as pictures, books, and other personal items. Finally, it is important to bring any necessary electronics, such as a laptop, phone, and any other devices you may need," explained one expat living in Luxembourg.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
"Wish I brought a snow shovel, gardening stuff- (rakes, edger, lawn mower) and more plug adapters. Wish I left behind all the winter boots, gloves and clothes we haven't used," said another expat in Bertrange, Luxembourg.
- What should I pack when moving to Luxembourg?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Luxembourg?
- Will I be able to find a job in Luxembourg?
- What is life like in Luxembourg?
- What do expats in Luxembourg appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Luxembourg?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Luxembourg accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Luxembourg like?
- What are healthcare services like in Luxembourg?
- What are medical services in Luxembourg like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Luxembourg?
- What are emergency services like in Luxembourg?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Luxembourg?
- How are local medical facilities in Luxembourg?
- As a foreigner living in Luxembourg, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What should I pack when moving to Luxembourg?If you live in Luxembourg, newcomers to Luxembourg would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
Some of Joshua's articles include Pros and Cons of Living in Portugal, 10 Best Places to Live in Ireland and Pros and Cons of Living in Uruguay. Connect with Joshua on LinkedIn.