How do I find a place to live in Dominican Rep?
We asked expats how they chose their neighborhood and found a place to live. They answered...
"One of the best ways to find a place to live in the Dominican Republic is to use online resources such as websites and classifieds. You can also search for rental properties in local newspapers or contact real estate agents in the area. Additionally, you can ask friends and family who live in the Dominican Republic for recommendations. Finally, you can also visit the area in person to get a better feel for the different neighborhoods and find a place that suits your needs," explained one expat living in Dominican Rep.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
"I chose my neighborhood because it is located within walking distance of the Sea and one half block from the Metro/Subway. I found my apartment through a website named Sublet.com," said another expat in Santo Domingo, Dominican Rep.
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What do I need to know before moving to the Dominican Republic?
- How do I find a place to live in the Dominican Republic?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in the Dominican Republic?
- What is the average cost of housing in the Dominican Republic?
- Should I buy or rent a home in the Dominican Republic?
- What should I pack when moving to the Dominican Republic?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in the Dominican Republic?
- Why do people move to the Dominican Republic?
- What are healthcare services like in the Dominican Republic?
- What are medical services in the Dominican Republic like?
- What are typical rents in the Dominican Republic?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
How do I find a place to live in Dominican Rep?If you live in the Dominican Republic, newcomers to the Dominican Republic would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.