What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Turkey?
We asked expats what a typical home or apartment in Turkey is like. They answered...
"Expat homes and apartments in Turkey tend to be modern and comfortable, with many featuring balconies or terraces with views of the city or sea. Many expats choose to live in larger cities such as Istanbul, Ankara, and Izmir, where they can find a variety of housing options, from luxury apartments to more affordable options. Expat homes and apartments typically come with all the necessary amenities, such as air conditioning, internet access, and modern appliances. Additionally, many expats choose to live in gated communities, which offer additional security and amenities such as swimming pools and gyms," remarked another expat who made the move to Turkey.
"We live in an apartment ('daire' as they say in Turkish) which is of a good size for us (open kitchen and a decent size living room, one bathroom, two bedrooms and a balcony). I have met a few expats and they all have similar housing," explained one expat living in Izmir, Turkey.
- What should I pack when moving to Turkey?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Turkey?
- Will I be able to find a job in Turkey?
- What is life like in Turkey?
- What do expats in Turkey appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Turkey?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Turkey accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Turkey like?
- What are healthcare services like in Turkey?
- What are medical services in Turkey like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Turkey?
- What are emergency services like in Turkey?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Turkey?
- How are local medical facilities in Turkey?
- As a foreigner living in Turkey, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Turkey?If you live in Turkey, newcomers to Turkey would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.