What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Canada?
We asked expats what a typical home or apartment in Canada is like. They answered...
"Expat homes and apartments in Canada tend to vary depending on location and budget. In urban areas like Toronto, many expat homes and apartments are modern, featuring designer furniture and furnishings, high-end appliances, top-of-the-line security systems, and plenty of natural light. In smaller towns and rural areas, homes and apartments can be less modern but still feature many of the same high-end amenities. In any part of Canada, expat homes and apartments are typically designed with comfort and convenience in mind and often come equipped with full kitchens, multiple bedrooms, plenty of comfortable seating and plentiful dining areas. Many apartments also offer spectacular views of nearby cities, towns, and nature," said a member in Canada.
"It was a small modular home on the banks of Okanagan Lake. It's not a typical home for the area although there are quite a few areas in Kelowna with this type of low cost housing," remarked another expat who made the move to Kelowna, Canada.
- What do I need to know before moving to Canada?
- How do I find a place to live in Canada?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Canada?
- What is the average cost of housing in Canada?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Canada?
- What should I pack when moving to Canada?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Canada?
- Why do people move to Canada?
- What are healthcare services like in Canada?
- What are medical services in Canada like?
- What are typical rents in Canada?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Canada?If you live in Canada, newcomers to Canada would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.