What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Hungary?
We asked expats what a typical home or apartment in Hungary is like. They answered...
"Expat homes and apartments in Hungary tend to be modern and comfortable, with a range of amenities to suit different lifestyles. Many expats choose to live in the city centre, where they can enjoy easy access to public transport, shops, restaurants, and other attractions. Expat apartments often come with a fully-equipped kitchen, a comfortable living area, and a balcony or terrace. Many also have access to a communal garden or courtyard, providing a pleasant outdoor space to relax in," remarked another expat who made the move to Hungary.
"Hungary can be challenging like any country for expats but is especially so if you came here and wonder why Hungarian people can't be more, well, American. There is not, for example a single expat in Hungary whose country did not stand on the wrong side of history. If you come here to visit, please enjoy the food, art, nature and architecture and be a good guest. If you are coming here to live, accept that Hungary, like your own country is flawed but beautiful in its very own unique way. If you can’t do that, maybe Hungary isn't for you," explained one expat living in Hungary.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to Hungary?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Hungary?
- Will I be able to find a job in Hungary?
- What is life like in Hungary?
- What do expats in Hungary appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Hungary?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Hungary accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Hungary like?
- What are healthcare services like in Hungary?
- What are medical services in Hungary like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Hungary?
- What are emergency services like in Hungary?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Hungary?
- How are local medical facilities in Hungary?
- As a foreigner living in Hungary, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Hungary?If you live in Hungary, newcomers to Hungary would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.