What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Luxembourg?
We asked expats what a typical home or apartment in Luxembourg is like. They answered...
"Expat homes and apartments in Luxembourg tend to be modern and well-equipped, with many featuring open-plan living areas and modern kitchens. Many expat homes and apartments also have access to balconies or terraces, providing stunning views of the city and countryside. Expats can also expect to find plenty of storage space, as well as high-speed internet and cable TV. In addition, many expat homes and apartments come with access to communal facilities such as swimming pools, gyms, and saunas," said another expat in Luxembourg.
"We live in a single family 4 bedroom 2.5 bath brick house painted white. The whole neighborhood has painted white brick single family homes. It is European looking from the outside, but modern design on the inside. Most expats that I know in this small country live in similiar homes. Most of the homes here are duplexes with one mutual wall. In the city there are apartments of various sizes and row house style homes," wrote a member who made the move to Bertrange, Luxembourg.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Luxembourg?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Luxembourg?
- Will I be able to find a job in Luxembourg?
- What is life like in Luxembourg?
- What do expats in Luxembourg appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Luxembourg?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Luxembourg accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Luxembourg like?
- What are healthcare services like in Luxembourg?
- What are medical services in Luxembourg like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Luxembourg?
- What are emergency services like in Luxembourg?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Luxembourg?
- How are local medical facilities in Luxembourg?
- As a foreigner living in Luxembourg, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Luxembourg?If you live in Luxembourg, newcomers to Luxembourg would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
Some of Joshua's articles include Pros and Cons of Living in Portugal, 10 Best Places to Live in Ireland and Pros and Cons of Living in Uruguay. Connect with Joshua on LinkedIn.