What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Russia?
We asked expats what a typical home or apartment in Russia is like. They answered...
"Expat homes and apartments in Russia tend to be modern and comfortable, with amenities such as air conditioning, high-speed internet, and modern appliances. Many expats choose to live in larger cities such as Moscow and St. Petersburg, where they can find a wide range of housing options, from luxury apartments to more affordable options. Expats may also choose to live in smaller cities, where they can find more affordable housing and a slower pace of life. In general, expat homes and apartments in Russia are well-equipped and comfortable, providing a great place to live and work," said a member in Russia.
"Apartment. Yes, in town it's almost always an apartment. Some expats prefer to live in the compounds out of town, which are usually town houses," remarked another expat who made the move to Moscow, Russia.
- What should I pack when moving to Russia?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Russia?
- Will I be able to find a job in Russia?
- What is life like in Russia?
- What do expats in Russia appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Russia?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Russia accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Russia like?
- What are healthcare services like in Russia?
- What are medical services in Russia like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Russia?
- What are emergency services like in Russia?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Russia?
- How are local medical facilities in Russia?
- As a foreigner living in Russia, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Russia?If you live in Russia, newcomers to Russia would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.