What is the average cost of housing in Chile?
If you are thinking about moving to Chile, cost of living in probably a key consideration. Expats commented about the cost of housing...
"The cost of housing in Chile varies depending on the location and type of property. Generally, the cost of renting an apartment in a city center is higher than in the suburbs, while the cost of buying a house is higher in the suburbs than in the city center. On average, renting an apartment in a city center can cost around $500 to $1,000 per month, while buying a house in the suburbs can cost around $200,000 to $400,000," wrote a member who made the move to Chile.
William Russell's private medical insurance will cover you and your family wherever you may be. Whether you need primary care or complex surgery, you'll have access to the best hospitals & doctors available. Unlike some insurers, we also include medical evacuation and mental health cover in our plans (except SilverLite). Get a quote from our partner, William Russell.
GET A QUOTE
"Housing costs here are cheaper or about the same as the US. We're in a house that costs $1,000 USD right now and our rent was half that in Stockton, California. We get a lot more for the money, though, with spectacular views of the lake and volcanoes, a wonderful spacious house and the privacy of a half acre parcela," explained one expat living in Puerto Varas, Chile.
- What should I pack when moving to Chile?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Chile?
- Will I be able to find a job in Chile?
- What is life like in Chile?
- What do expats in Chile appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Chile?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Chile accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Chile like?
- What are healthcare services like in Chile?
- What are medical services in Chile like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Chile?
- What are emergency services like in Chile?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Chile?
- How are local medical facilities in Chile?
- As a foreigner living in Chile, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is the average cost of housing in Chile?If you live in Chile, newcomers to Chile would love to hear your answer to this question.