What is the average cost of housing in Belgium?
If you are thinking about moving to Belgium, cost of living in probably a key consideration. Expats commented about the cost of housing...
"The average cost of housing in Belgium is generally quite high, with prices varying depending on the location and type of property. In the larger cities such as Brussels, Antwerp, and Ghent, the cost of housing is typically higher than in smaller towns and rural areas. Renting a property in Belgium can be expensive, with prices ranging from around €500 to €1,500 per month for a one-bedroom apartment. Buying a property in Belgium can also be costly, with the average price of a house in the country estimated to be around €250,000," wrote a member who made the move to Belgium.
"Lower, much lower. I had been living in London and I would say that this flat would be worth at least twice as much in London," explained one expat living in Bruges, Belgium.
- What should I pack when moving to Belgium?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Belgium?
- Will I be able to find a job in Belgium?
- What is life like in Belgium?
- What do expats in Belgium appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Belgium?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Belgium accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Belgium like?
- What are healthcare services like in Belgium?
- What are medical services in Belgium like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Belgium?
- What are emergency services like in Belgium?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Belgium?
- How are local medical facilities in Belgium?
- As a foreigner living in Belgium, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is the average cost of housing in Belgium?If you live in Belgium, newcomers to Belgium would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.