What is the average cost of housing in France?
If you are thinking about moving to France, cost of living in probably a key consideration. Expats commented about the cost of housing...
"The cost of housing in France varies greatly depending on the area and type of accommodation. Overall, it is generally more expensive to rent than to own property, although buying a property in France can be an expensive venture due to high taxes and notary fees. The cost of housing in Paris is particularly high, but in other parts of the country, prices can be quite affordable," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to France.
"Housing costs are lower here than in my home country, but high for France. For a studio, expect to pay about 400 euros, for a one to two bedroom, about 500-700 euros a month," commented one expat who made the move to Saint Raphael, France.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to France?
- Where should I setup a bank account in France?
- Will I be able to find a job in France?
- What is life like in France?
- What do expats in France appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in France?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in France accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in France like?
- What are healthcare services like in France?
- What are medical services in France like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in France?
- What are emergency services like in France?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in France?
- How are local medical facilities in France?
- As a foreigner living in France, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is the average cost of housing in France?If you live in France, newcomers to France would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
Some of Joshua's articles include Pros and Cons of Living in Portugal, 10 Best Places to Live in Ireland and Pros and Cons of Living in Uruguay. Connect with Joshua on LinkedIn.