What is the average cost of housing in Kenya?
If you are thinking about moving to Kenya, cost of living in probably a key consideration. Expats commented about the cost of housing...
"The cost of housing in Kenya varies greatly depending on the location and type of housing. Generally, housing in urban areas tends to be more expensive than in rural areas. Prices for housing can range from low-cost rental units to high-end luxury apartments. In addition, the cost of housing is also affected by the availability of land and the cost of construction materials," said a member in Kenya.
"Housing is around 30/35 thousand Kenyan shillings. It is the same or even lower than in my host country," remarked another expat who made the move to Mombasa, Kenya.
- What should I pack when moving to Kenya?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Kenya?
- Will I be able to find a job in Kenya?
- What is life like in Kenya?
- What do expats in Kenya appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Kenya?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Kenya accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Kenya like?
- What are healthcare services like in Kenya?
- What are medical services in Kenya like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Kenya?
- What are emergency services like in Kenya?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Kenya?
- How are local medical facilities in Kenya?
- As a foreigner living in Kenya, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is the average cost of housing in Kenya?If you live in Kenya, newcomers to Kenya would love to hear your answer to this question.