What is the average cost of housing in Mexico?
If you are thinking about moving to Mexico, cost of living in probably a key consideration. Expats commented about the cost of housing...
"Housing cost cost can vary widely depending on what you are looking for! My advice if you are serious is to get a good trusted realtor in the area to help you find what you are looking for. I used Ron N Aury of MyBajaProperty.com last year and they found me a beautiful beachfront condo in the development I wanted to be in. I will be moving there from Las Vegas in early 2025 when it is completed," said a member in Rosarito, Mexico.
"I purchased a pre construction condo right on the beach built by the best developer on the Baja. It has tons of amenities and beautiful ocean views. I paid $350,000 before I upgraded it. I wanted to be close to my Son and 6 month old grandson and could not afford or want to afford anything in the San Diego area. Where else on the West coast could I have done this? The Condo just South of downtown Rosarito is 1 hour away from my son's house coming back into Mexico and maybe an hour and 45 minutes going there on a good day. Much better than my 5-6 hour drive from Las Vegas. I already have equity in the condo since prices have climbed. I love Mexico, the people and the food! If you are contemplating this go rent there for a while and check it out but come with an open mind. It is Mexico not the US so don't expect much to be the same but be open to new adventures. You only live once," remarked another expat who made the move to Rosarito, Mexico.
- What do I need to know before moving to Mexico?
- How do I find a place to live in Mexico?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Mexico?
- What is the average cost of housing in Mexico?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Mexico?
- What should I pack when moving to Mexico?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Mexico?
- Why do people move to Mexico?
- What are healthcare services like in Mexico?
- What are medical services in Mexico like?
- What are typical rents in Mexico?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What is the average cost of housing in Mexico?If you live in Mexico, newcomers to Mexico would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.