What is the average cost of housing in Russia?
If you are thinking about moving to Russia, cost of living in probably a key consideration. Expats commented about the cost of housing...
"The cost of housing in Russia varies greatly depending on the region and type of housing. Generally, the cost of renting an apartment in Russia is relatively affordable compared to other countries, while the cost of buying a home is higher. Prices for housing in Moscow and St. Petersburg tend to be higher than in other parts of the country," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Russia.
"Much higher. I could rent a house on the beach in South Carolina for the price of a 2 room flat here. Expect to pay $1200-1800 a month if you live alone," commented one expat who made the move to Moscow, Russia.
- What should I pack when moving to Russia?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Russia?
- Will I be able to find a job in Russia?
- What is life like in Russia?
- What do expats in Russia appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Russia?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Russia accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Russia like?
- What are healthcare services like in Russia?
- What are medical services in Russia like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Russia?
- What are emergency services like in Russia?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Russia?
- How are local medical facilities in Russia?
- As a foreigner living in Russia, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What is the average cost of housing in Russia?If you live in Russia, newcomers to Russia would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.