What do I need to know before moving to Venezuela?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Venezuela, they said...
"Venezuela is a country with a rich culture and history, but it is also a country with a complex political and economic situation. Expats should be aware of the current situation in the country and the potential risks associated with living there. It is important to research the local laws and regulations, as well as the safety and security situation in the area. Expats should also be aware of the cost of living in Venezuela, as it is significantly higher than in many other countries. Additionally, expats should be prepared to learn Spanish, as it is the official language of the country. Finally, expats should be aware of the visa requirements for entering and staying in Venezuela," said another expat in Venezuela.
"My advice is to be patient. Even though there is an abundance of apartments out there, finding the right one for you takes time. There are huge variations in building maintenance, security, and amenities. It's best to come here with the expectation that it might take 3 months to find a permanent place," wrote a member who made the move to Caracas, Venezuela.
- What do I need to know before moving to Venezuela?
- How do I find a place to live in Venezuela?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Venezuela?
- What is the average cost of housing in Venezuela?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Venezuela?
- What should I pack when moving to Venezuela?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Venezuela?
- Why do people move to Venezuela?
- What are healthcare services like in Venezuela?
- What are medical services in Venezuela like?
- What are typical rents in Venezuela?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What do I need to know before moving to Venezuela?If you live in Venezuela, newcomers to Venezuela would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.