What do I need to know before moving to Kyrgyzstan?
When we asked people what advice they would give someone preparing to move to Kyrgyzstan, they said...
"Expats should be aware that Kyrgyzstan is a predominantly Muslim country and that they should respect local customs and traditions. It is also important to note that Kyrgyzstan is a cash-based economy, so it is important to have access to cash when needed. Expats should also be aware that the country has a harsh climate, with cold winters and hot summers, so they should be prepared for the weather. Additionally, expats should be aware that the country has a high crime rate, so they should take extra precautions when travelling. Finally, expats should be aware that the country has a limited infrastructure, so they should be prepared for a slower pace of life," said a member in Kyrgyzstan.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
"I recommend living in the city of Bishkek. Everything is in walking distance and there are nice parks," remarked another expat who made the move to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- What do I need to know before moving to Kyrgyzstan?
- How do I find a place to live in Kyrgyzstan?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Kyrgyzstan?
- What is the average cost of housing in Kyrgyzstan?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Kyrgyzstan?
- What should I pack when moving to Kyrgyzstan?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Kyrgyzstan?
- Why do people move to Kyrgyzstan?
- What are healthcare services like in Kyrgyzstan?
- What are medical services in Kyrgyzstan like?
- What are typical rents in Kyrgyzstan?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What do I need to know before moving to Kyrgyzstan?If you live in Kyrgyzstan, newcomers to Kyrgyzstan would love to hear your answer to this question.