Where should I setup a bank account in Denmark?
We asked expats in Denmark what banks they use and there advice about banking. They advised...
"Expats considering retiring in Denmark should be aware that the cost of living is relatively high, and that the climate can be cold and wet. It is important to research the healthcare system and the availability of medical services in the area. Expats should also be aware of the language barrier, as Danish is the official language of the country. Additionally, it is important to research the tax system and the regulations for pensioners in Denmark. Finally, expats should be aware of the cultural differences between their home country and Denmark, and be prepared to adapt to the local customs," remarked another expat who made the move to Denmark.
"There are no expat focused banks in DK. I have switched banks several times for better service and lower fees. I particularly was looking for Banks in which I could maintain a dollar account and could move money between banks around the world at low cost. It may be hard to do both at the same time (low cost and easy movement of money). I have banked at Danske, Nordea, Fionia. Fees can be high here. Find out what they are," explained one expat living in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- What should I pack when moving to Denmark?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Denmark?
- Will I be able to find a job in Denmark?
- What is life like in Denmark?
- What do expats in Denmark appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Denmark?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Denmark accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Denmark like?
- What are healthcare services like in Denmark?
- What are medical services in Denmark like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Denmark?
- What are emergency services like in Denmark?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Denmark?
- How are local medical facilities in Denmark?
- As a foreigner living in Denmark, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Where should I setup a bank account in Denmark?If you live in Denmark, newcomers to Denmark would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.