Where should I setup a bank account in India?
We asked expats in India what banks they use and there advice about banking. They advised...
"To setup a bank account in India, you should visit any public or private sector bank in the country. When visiting the bank, you should bring your identity proof, address proof, and other documentations that may be required. You should also have the necessary funds when opening the account. After submitting the required documents and other details, your bank account should be open within a few days," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to India.
- What do I need to know before moving to India?
- How do I find a place to live in India?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in India?
- What is the average cost of housing in India?
- Should I buy or rent a home in India?
- What should I pack when moving to India?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in India?
- Why do people move to India?
- What are healthcare services like in India?
- What are medical services in India like?
- What are typical rents in India?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
Where should I setup a bank account in India?If you live in India, newcomers to India would love to hear your answer to this question.
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.