What are emergency services like in Norway?
When we asked members about emergency services in Norway, they wrote...
"A few minutes from (public) Ullevål hospital and fairly near the public ER (legevakt). It's a bit of a nightmare really, the standard of care is shockingly bad, especially considering the amount of money in the healthcare system per capita (the only two things that are strikingly good are the food in Norwegian hospitals, really very good, and the general state of repair of the hospitals. Overall the quality of care at Ullevål hospital and legevakt is very bad indeed: unprofessional, discharging patients too early, missing serious illness, accidentally giving medicines that someone is allergic to, ignoring me when I am in a corridor on a hospital bed and referring to me only as "hun innvandre der" ("that immigrant there"), an ambulance missing the signs of severe concussion, very poorly trained and unprofessional ambulance personnel, no adequate triage system at the ER (legevakt). If you have a chronic illness then do not move to Norway without paying for private care. When mistakes are made then there is no accountability and lassitude seems to be permissible, I have had a terrible time with the healthcare system and it is one of the very worst aspects of living here- for me, perhaps the worst," said another in Oslo, Norway.
- What do I need to know before moving to Norway?
- How do I find a place to live in Norway?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Norway?
- What is the average cost of housing in Norway?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Norway?
- What should I pack when moving to Norway?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Norway?
- Why do people move to Norway?
- What are healthcare services like in Norway?
- What are medical services in Norway like?
- What are typical rents in Norway?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What are emergency services like in Norway?If you live in Norway, newcomers to Norway would love to hear your answer to this question: