How are healthcare services in Ukraine?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in Ukraine, they replied...
"Healthcare services in Ukraine are provided by both public and private institutions. The public healthcare system is funded by the government and is available to all citizens of Ukraine. The quality of public healthcare varies depending on the region, but generally it is considered to be of a lower standard than private healthcare. Foreign residents are able to access the public healthcare system, however, they may need to pay for some services. Expats in Ukraine typically use private healthcare services, as they are more reliable and of a higher quality. However, some expats may choose to use the public healthcare system if they are unable to afford private healthcare," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Ukraine.
"I don't know if I can give advice concerning medical centers as long as I need medical help not that often. Here I can share my experience in medical treatment in Kyiv or Kiev. For me it was necessary whether the clinic works with International insurance companies and in which way. I was suggested to pay myself and then make the reimbursement of the expenses. I was given all the necessary documents and didn't have any trouble with my insurance company," commented one expat who made the move to Kiev, Ukraine.
- What should I pack when moving to Ukraine?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Ukraine?
- Will I be able to find a job in Ukraine?
- What is life like in Ukraine?
- What do expats in Ukraine appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Ukraine?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Ukraine accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Ukraine like?
- What are healthcare services like in Ukraine?
- What are medical services in Ukraine like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Ukraine?
- What are emergency services like in Ukraine?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Ukraine?
- How are local medical facilities in Ukraine?
- As a foreigner living in Ukraine, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
How are healthcare services in Ukraine?If you live in Ukraine, newcomers to Ukraine would love to hear your answer to this question:
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.