How are healthcare services Nicaragua?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in Nicaragua, they replied...
"Healthcare services in Nicaragua are provided by both public and private institutions. The public healthcare system is funded by the government and is available to all citizens and legal residents. The quality of public healthcare varies depending on the region, but generally it is considered to be of lower quality than private healthcare. Foreign residents do have access to the public healthcare system, but they may need to pay out-of-pocket for some services. Expats in Nicaragua often use the public healthcare system for basic medical care, but they may opt for private healthcare for more specialized services," said a member in Nicaragua.
William Russell's private medical insurance will cover you and your family wherever you may be. Whether you need primary care or complex surgery, you'll have access to the best hospitals & doctors available. Unlike some insurers, we also include medical evacuation and mental health cover in our plans (except SilverLite). Get a quote from our partner, William Russell.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Nicaragua?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Nicaragua?
- Will I be able to find a job in Nicaragua?
- What is life like in Nicaragua?
- What do expats in Nicaragua appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Nicaragua?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Nicaragua accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Nicaragua like?
- What are healthcare services like in Nicaragua?
- What are medical services in Nicaragua like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Nicaragua?
- What are emergency services like in Nicaragua?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Nicaragua?
- How are local medical facilities in Nicaragua?
- As a foreigner living in Nicaragua, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
How are healthcare services Nicaragua?If you live in Nicaragua, newcomers to Nicaragua would love to hear your answer to this question:
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
Some of Joshua's articles include Pros and Cons of Living in Portugal, 10 Best Places to Live in Ireland and Pros and Cons of Living in Uruguay. Connect with Joshua on LinkedIn.