How are healthcare services France?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in France, they replied...
"Healthcare services in France are provided by a public healthcare system, known as the French Social Security system. This system is funded by contributions from employers and employees, as well as by the government. The quality of public healthcare in France is generally considered to be very good, with access to a wide range of services, including preventive care, hospital care, and specialist care. Foreign residents in France are eligible to use the public healthcare system, although they may need to pay a fee for certain services. Expats in France can use the public healthcare system by registering with the French Social Security system and paying the required contributions," remarked another expat in France.
"Record keeping is your responsibility and you can't do it all online. Doctors don't keep a health file for you. Top-up supplemental insurance is needed to completely cover costs," said a member in Bordeaux, France.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
Please login to continue reading this article.
Not a member? Join Today (it's free).
- What should I pack when moving to France?
- Where should I setup a bank account in France?
- Will I be able to find a job in France?
- What is life like in France?
- What do expats in France appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in France?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in France accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in France like?
- What are healthcare services like in France?
- What are medical services in France like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in France?
- What are emergency services like in France?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in France?
- How are local medical facilities in France?
- As a foreigner living in France, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
How are healthcare services France?If you live in France, newcomers to France would love to hear your answer to this question:
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
Some of Joshua's articles include Pros and Cons of Living in Portugal, 10 Best Places to Live in Ireland and Pros and Cons of Living in Uruguay. Connect with Joshua on LinkedIn.