How are healthcare services in New Zealand?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in New Zealand, they replied...
"Healthcare services in New Zealand are provided by both public and private providers. The public healthcare system is funded by the government and is free or low-cost for New Zealand citizens and permanent residents. It includes primary care services such as general practitioners, community health services, and hospital services. The quality of public healthcare in New Zealand is generally high, with a focus on preventative care and access to specialist services. Foreign residents are eligible for publicly funded healthcare in New Zealand, however, they may be required to pay a fee for some services. Expats in New Zealand can use the public healthcare system, however, they may need to pay for some services. Private health insurance is also available for expats in New Zealand, which can provide access to additional services," said another in New Zealand.
- What should I pack when moving to New Zealand?
- Where should I setup a bank account in New Zealand?
- Will I be able to find a job in New Zealand?
- What is life like in New Zealand?
- What do expats in New Zealand appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in New Zealand?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in New Zealand accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in New Zealand like?
- What are healthcare services like in New Zealand?
- What are medical services in New Zealand like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in New Zealand?
- What are emergency services like in New Zealand?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in New Zealand?
- How are local medical facilities in New Zealand?
- As a foreigner living in New Zealand, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
How are healthcare services in New Zealand?If you live in New Zealand, newcomers to New Zealand would love to hear your answer to this question: