What are emergency services like in Canada?
When we asked members about emergency services in Canada, they wrote...
"In Canada, emergency services are available to help people in need of urgent medical attention or assistance. To call for an ambulance, you can dial 911 from any phone, or call your local emergency services number. Emergency services personnel are trained to respond quickly and provide medical assistance as needed. They will also provide transportation to the nearest hospital or medical facility," remarked another expat who made the move to Canada.
"About 10 minutes by car. I do not know about the services because I never had to use them, but since I do not have a health care I do not know what the cost would be. Everything is public, but I hear a lot of complaints from natives that they have to wait to be assigned to a doctor because there is big shortage here," explained one expat living in Halifax, Canada.
- What do I need to know before moving to Canada?
- How do I find a place to live in Canada?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Canada?
- What is the average cost of housing in Canada?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Canada?
- What should I pack when moving to Canada?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Canada?
- Why do people move to Canada?
- What are healthcare services like in Canada?
- What are medical services in Canada like?
- What are typical rents in Canada?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
What are emergency services like in Canada?If you live in Canada, newcomers to Canada would love to hear your answer to this question:
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.