What are emergency services like in Luxembourg?
When we asked members about emergency services in Luxembourg, they wrote...
"Emergency services in Luxembourg are highly efficient and reliable. In the event of an emergency, the best way to call for an ambulance is to dial 112, which is the emergency number for Luxembourg. The operator will then connect you to the appropriate emergency service. Ambulances are typically dispatched within minutes of the call being made," remarked another expat who made the move to Luxembourg.
"We live in the city so the Hospital on Rt d'Arlon is about 3 blocks from us. We have found care to be very good. They do things differently than in the US, but we have been fortunate not to have needed it for anything severe. I believe they are public? But only one remains open on the weekend, so you need to call or look online to see which city hospital is open for emergencies," explained one expat living in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg.
- What should I pack when moving to Luxembourg?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Luxembourg?
- Will I be able to find a job in Luxembourg?
- What is life like in Luxembourg?
- What do expats in Luxembourg appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Luxembourg?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Luxembourg accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Luxembourg like?
- What are healthcare services like in Luxembourg?
- What are medical services in Luxembourg like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Luxembourg?
- What are emergency services like in Luxembourg?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Luxembourg?
- How are local medical facilities in Luxembourg?
- As a foreigner living in Luxembourg, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What are emergency services like in Luxembourg?If you live in Luxembourg, newcomers to Luxembourg would love to hear your answer to this question: