Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
When we asked members in Ukraine if they typically need to travel to see specialists, they replied...
"Ukraine is home to a wide variety of medical specialists, with some of the best selection located in the cities of Kyiv, Lviv, and Odesa. In Kyiv, the capital city, there is a large selection of medical specialists, ranging from general practitioners to specialists in cardiology, neurology, and oncology. Lviv is also home to a wide range of medical specialists, including those specializing in orthopedics, endocrinology, and gastroenterology. Odesa is known for its selection of specialists in dermatology, urology, and ophthalmology. Additionally, many of the larger cities in Ukraine, such as Kharkiv, Dnipro, and Zaporizhia, also have a wide selection of medical specialists," explained one expat living in Ukraine.
"Usually I contact my insurance company and they advise me the clinic in that area. But anyway I look for it on the Internet and read the comments of the clients,," said another in Kiev, Ukraine.
- What should I pack when moving to Ukraine?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Ukraine?
- Will I be able to find a job in Ukraine?
- What is life like in Ukraine?
- What do expats in Ukraine appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Ukraine?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Ukraine accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Ukraine like?
- What are healthcare services like in Ukraine?
- What are medical services in Ukraine like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Ukraine?
- What are emergency services like in Ukraine?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Ukraine?
- How are local medical facilities in Ukraine?
- As a foreigner living in Ukraine, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Will I need to travel to see a specialist?If you live in Ukraine, newcomers to Ukraine would love to hear your answer to this question:
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.