Are common prescription medications available in South Africa?
When we asked expats in South Africa if common prescription medications are available in South Africa, they wrote...
"Yes, common prescription medications are available in South Africa. Many of the same medications that are available in other countries are also available in South Africa, including antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, and medications for diabetes, high blood pressure, and other chronic conditions. In addition, South Africa has a wide range of generic medications that are available at a lower cost than brand-name drugs," said another expat in South Africa.
"Yes. Most require prescriptions and they are available at any pharmacy. Virtually all the expense is covered by our insurance policy," wrote a member who made the move to Cape Town, South Africa.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
- What do I need to know before moving to South Africa?
- How do I find a place to live in South Africa?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in South Africa?
- What is the average cost of housing in South Africa?
- Should I buy or rent a home in South Africa?
- What should I pack when moving to South Africa?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in South Africa?
- Why do people move to South Africa?
- What are healthcare services like in South Africa?
- What are medical services in South Africa like?
- What are typical rents in South Africa?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
Are common prescription medications available in South Africa?If you live in South Africa, newcomers to South Africa would love to hear your answer to this question: