Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Gambia?
When we asked expats in Gambia if healthcare and health insurance are expensive in Gambia, they wrote...
"Healthcare and health insurance in Gambia can be expensive for some people. The cost of healthcare services and health insurance can vary depending on the type of care needed and the provider. Generally, healthcare services are more expensive in urban areas than in rural areas. Health insurance is not widely available in Gambia, and those who do have it often pay high premiums. Additionally, many people in Gambia are unable to afford health insurance, leaving them without access to quality healthcare," explained one expat living in Gambia.
- What should I pack when moving to Gambia?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Gambia?
- Will I be able to find a job in Gambia?
- What is life like in Gambia?
- What do expats in Gambia appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Gambia?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Gambia accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Gambia like?
- What are healthcare services like in Gambia?
- What are medical services in Gambia like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Gambia?
- What are emergency services like in Gambia?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Gambia?
- How are local medical facilities in Gambia?
- As a foreigner living in Gambia, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Gambia?If you live in Gambia, newcomers to Gambia would love to hear your answer to this question: