As a foreigner living in Czech Rep, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
We asked expats in Czech Rep if they have access to public healthcare in Czech Rep. And, if they do have access, what is it like. They wrote...
"Yes, as a foreigner living in Czechia, you will have access to public healthcare. The public healthcare system in Czechia is generally considered to be of a high quality, with a wide range of services available. The system is funded by taxes and is free at the point of use for Czech citizens, although foreigners may be required to pay a fee for some services. The system is also well-equipped with modern medical technology and a wide range of specialists," said another expat in Czech Rep.
- What should I pack when moving to Czechia?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Czechia?
- Will I be able to find a job in Czechia?
- What is life like in Czechia?
- What do expats in Czechia appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Czechia?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Czechia accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Czechia like?
- What are healthcare services like in Czechia?
- What are medical services in Czechia like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Czechia?
- What are emergency services like in Czechia?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Czechia?
- How are local medical facilities in Czechia?
- As a foreigner living in Czechia, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
As a foreigner living in Czech Rep, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?If you live in Czechia, newcomers to Czechia would love to hear your answer to this question:
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.