What are medical services in Argentina like?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in Argentina, they replied...
"Argentina has a high standard of healthcare and is known for its excellent medical professionals and healthcare services. Hospital care is provided by both public and private hospitals, with both types of hospitals providing a range of services from family medicine to specialized services such as cancer treatments and cardiology. The government health services are free for the public, for those wishing to have private care, fees are significantly lower than other countries around the world. Argentina also has a significant number of ambulances, offering 24-hr service to hospital emergency departments, often providing expert care during the journey. The country also has a number of excellent training centers, allowing medical professionals to receive the latest education and training in the field," remarked another expat who made the move to Argentina.
"Q19 I have no way of making a comparison In the UK the NHS costs nothing at the point of delivery," explained one expat living in Buenos Aires , Argentina.
The insurance that travels with you. Now Health International's insurance plans offer you access to world-class healthcare facilities and treatment wherever and whenever you need it. With digital services, 24x7 customer support in different languages, and award-winning service, Now Health International will look after you no matter where you choose to go. Get a Quote from Now Health International.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Argentina?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Argentina?
- Will I be able to find a job in Argentina?
- What is life like in Argentina?
- What do expats in Argentina appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Argentina?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Argentina accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Argentina like?
- What are healthcare services like in Argentina?
- What are medical services in Argentina like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Argentina?
- What are emergency services like in Argentina?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Argentina?
- How are local medical facilities in Argentina?
- As a foreigner living in Argentina, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What are medical services in Argentina like?If you live in Argentina, newcomers to Argentina would love to hear your answer to this question:
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
Some of Joshua's articles include Pros and Cons of Living in Portugal, 10 Best Places to Live in Ireland and Pros and Cons of Living in Uruguay. Connect with Joshua on LinkedIn.