What are medical services in New Zealand like?
When we asked expats and global nomads about the quality of medical care in New Zealand, they replied...
"New Zealand has a comprehensive public health system that provides free or low-cost medical services to all citizens and permanent residents. The public health system is funded by the government and is managed by the Ministry of Health. The public health system provides a wide range of services, including primary care, hospital care, mental health services, and specialist services. Private health care is also available in New Zealand, and many people choose to use private health care providers for additional services or for more specialized care. In addition, New Zealand has a number of health-related charities and organizations that provide support and services to those in need," remarked another expat in New Zealand.
- What should I pack when moving to New Zealand?
- Where should I setup a bank account in New Zealand?
- Will I be able to find a job in New Zealand?
- What is life like in New Zealand?
- What do expats in New Zealand appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in New Zealand?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in New Zealand accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in New Zealand like?
- What are healthcare services like in New Zealand?
- What are medical services in New Zealand like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in New Zealand?
- What are emergency services like in New Zealand?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in New Zealand?
- How are local medical facilities in New Zealand?
- As a foreigner living in New Zealand, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What are medical services in New Zealand like?If you live in New Zealand, newcomers to New Zealand would love to hear your answer to this question: