What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
When we asked expats and global nomads in Estonia about their experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system, they replied...
"The pandemic has had a significant impact on the healthcare system in Estonia. The government has implemented a number of measures to ensure the safety of patients and healthcare workers, such as the introduction of telemedicine services and the use of protective equipment. In addition, the government has provided financial support to healthcare providers to help them cope with the increased demand for services. Despite these measures, the healthcare system has been under strain due to the increased number of patients and the need to provide care for those with Covid-19. As a result, some services have been delayed or cancelled, and wait times for appointments have increased. However, the healthcare system has been able to adapt to the changing situation and continues to provide quality care to its citizens," wrote a member who made the move to Estonia.
Get a free international health insurance quote from our partner, Allianz Care, whose plans ensure that you have access to quality healthcare whenever you need it. Allianz's flexible solutions allow you to tailor your cover to meet your needs and budget.
Get a Quote
- What should I pack when moving to Estonia?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Estonia?
- Will I be able to find a job in Estonia?
- What is life like in Estonia?
- What do expats in Estonia appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Estonia?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Estonia accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Estonia like?
- What are healthcare services like in Estonia?
- What are medical services in Estonia like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Estonia?
- What are emergency services like in Estonia?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Estonia?
- How are local medical facilities in Estonia?
- As a foreigner living in Estonia, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?If you live in Estonia, newcomers to Estonia would love to hear your answer to this question: