What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
When we asked expats and global nomads in Peru about their experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system, they replied...
"The pandemic has had a significant impact on the healthcare system in Peru. The government has implemented strict measures to contain the spread of the virus, including the closure of non-essential services and the suspension of elective surgeries. This has resulted in a significant strain on the healthcare system, with hospitals and clinics struggling to cope with the influx of patients. Additionally, the lack of resources and personnel has made it difficult for healthcare workers to provide adequate care to those in need. Despite these challenges, the healthcare system in Peru has managed to remain resilient and continue to provide essential services to the population," mentioned another expat when asked about moving to Peru.
"All hospitals were nationalized at first. Certain clinics were designated as NON-COVID treatment centers. I went to one during COVID lockdown to have a cyst removed from my back. All COVID precautions were taken. I had a chiropractor-acupuncturist who saw me via video to recommend exercises and then saw me, again with all COVID protocols in place, after the gov't lifted the ban on in person visits. Pharmacies remained open and when I did need meds there was no problem in getting them. Hand sanitizers, masks, shields, gloves were widely available," commented one expat who made the move to Arequipa, Peru.
- What should I pack when moving to Peru?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Peru?
- Will I be able to find a job in Peru?
- What is life like in Peru?
- What do expats in Peru appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Peru?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Peru accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Peru like?
- What are healthcare services like in Peru?
- What are medical services in Peru like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Peru?
- What are emergency services like in Peru?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Peru?
- How are local medical facilities in Peru?
- As a foreigner living in Peru, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?If you live in Peru, newcomers to Peru would love to hear your answer to this question: