What appliances are typically included in a rental?
We asked foreigners in Germany what appliances are typically included in a rental, and, if there is anything else included or not included that a newcomer would not expect. Replies included...
"Generally, rental properties in Germany come equipped with basic appliances such as a fridge and a dishwasher, as well as a cooker and an oven. A washing machine is also typically provided, though it is not always the case. Furniture is often included as well, such as a dining table and chairs. In some cases, air conditioning may be provided," explained one expat living in Germany.
Never worry about paying your medical bills out of pocket again. The innovative Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
PassportCard allows for a stress-free experience for all expat families, remote travelers, and workers. With a 24/7 customer service and an outstanding customer base of over 2 Million clients, it will feel like medical care at home. Get up to 10% off on your policy now. Get a quote from our partner, PassportCard.
GET A QUOTE
- What should I pack when moving to Germany?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Germany?
- Will I be able to find a job in Germany?
- What is life like in Germany?
- What do expats in Germany appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Germany?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Germany accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Germany like?
- What are healthcare services like in Germany?
- What are medical services in Germany like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Germany?
- What are emergency services like in Germany?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Germany?
- How are local medical facilities in Germany?
- As a foreigner living in Germany, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What appliances are typically included in a rental?If you live in Germany, newcomers to Germany would love to hear your answer to this question:
About the Author
Joshua Wood, LPC joined Expat Exchange in 2000 and serves as one of its Co-Presidents. He is also one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. Prior to Expat Exchange, Joshua worked for NBC Cable (MSNBC and CNBC Primetime). Joshua has a BA from Syracuse and a Master's in Clinical and Counseling Psychology from Fairleigh Dickinson University. Mr. Wood is also a licensed counselor and psychotherapist.
Some of Joshua's articles include Pros and Cons of Living in Portugal, 10 Best Places to Live in Ireland and Pros and Cons of Living in Uruguay. Connect with Joshua on LinkedIn.