Are foreigners allowed to own property in Latvia?
When we asked expats in Latvia if foreigners are allowed to own property, they answered...
"Yes, foreigners are allowed to own property in Latvia. Non-residents of Latvia are allowed to purchase real estate in the country, however, they must obtain a permit from the Ministry of Justice in order to do so. Additionally, foreign investors are allowed to purchase land in Latvia, but they must register the land with the Land Register of Latvia," remarked another expat in Latvia.
- What do I need to know before moving to Latvia?
- How do I find a place to live in Latvia?
- What is a typical expat home or apartment like in Latvia?
- What is the average cost of housing in Latvia?
- Should I buy or rent a home in Latvia?
- What should I pack when moving to Latvia?
- What cultural faux pas should I try to avoid making in Latvia?
- Why do people move to Latvia?
- What are healthcare services like in Latvia?
- What are medical services in Latvia like?
- What are typical rents in Latvia?
- What appliances are typically included in a rental?
Are foreigners allowed to own property in Latvia?If you live in Latvia, newcomers to Latvia would love to hear your answer to this question: