How are local medical facilities in South Africa?
We asked members about local medical facilities in South Africa, they wrote...
"Medical facilities and medical care in South Africa are generally of a high quality. South Africa has a well-developed public health system, with a wide range of medical services available. The country also has a number of private hospitals and clinics that offer excellent medical care. South Africa has a well-trained and experienced medical workforce, with many doctors and nurses having received their training abroad. The country also has a number of world-class medical research institutions, which are helping to improve the quality of medical care in the country," explained one expat living in South Africa.
Get a free international health insurance quote from our partner, Allianz Care, whose plans ensure that you have access to quality healthcare whenever you need it. Allianz's flexible solutions allow you to tailor your cover to meet your needs and budget.
Get a Quote
- What should I pack when moving to South Africa?
- Where should I setup a bank account in South Africa?
- Will I be able to find a job in South Africa?
- What is life like in South Africa?
- What do expats in South Africa appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in South Africa?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in South Africa accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in South Africa like?
- What are healthcare services like in South Africa?
- What are medical services in South Africa like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in South Africa?
- What are emergency services like in South Africa?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in South Africa?
- How are local medical facilities in South Africa?
- As a foreigner living in South Africa, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
How are local medical facilities in South Africa?If you live in South Africa, newcomers to South Africa would love to hear your answer to this question: