Is the cost of living in South Africa high?
We asked people about the cost of living in South Africa, they wrote...
"The cost of living in South Africa varies greatly depending on the location. Generally, the cost of living is lower than in many other countries, but there are some areas that have a higher cost of living than the rest of the country. For example, cities such as Johannesburg, Cape Town, and Durban tend to have higher costs of living than other parts of the country. The rental price for a nice 1 bedroom apartment in South Africa is typically around $500 USD per month, while a nice 2 bedroom apartment is around $700 USD per month. Eating dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in South Africa typically costs around $15 USD per person," explained one expat living in South Africa.
AGS Worldwide Movers can move you to and from anywhere in the world. Presently the AGS Group has over 141 locations in more than 95 countries and has one of the largest networks in the international removals industry. We relocate 85,000 families every year. Free moving quote!
Get a Quote
- What should I pack when moving to South Africa?
- Where should I setup a bank account in South Africa?
- Will I be able to find a job in South Africa?
- What is life like in South Africa?
- What do expats in South Africa appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in South Africa?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in South Africa accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in South Africa like?
- What are healthcare services like in South Africa?
- What are medical services in South Africa like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in South Africa?
- What are emergency services like in South Africa?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in South Africa?
- How are local medical facilities in South Africa?
- As a foreigner living in South Africa, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Is the cost of living in South Africa high?If you live in South Africa, newcomers to South Africa would love to hear your answer to this question: