Is the cost of living in Egypt high?
We asked people about the cost of living in Egypt, they wrote...
"The cost of living in Egypt is generally quite affordable, with prices for basic necessities such as food and transportation being quite low. However, the cost of living in major cities such as Cairo and Alexandria is higher than in other parts of the country. The rental price for a nice 1 bedroom apartment in Egypt is typically around $400 USD per month, while a nice 2 bedroom apartment is around $600 USD per month. Eating dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in Egypt will usually cost around $10 USD per person," remarked another expat who made the move to Egypt.
- What should I pack when moving to Egypt?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Egypt?
- Will I be able to find a job in Egypt?
- What is life like in Egypt?
- What do expats in Egypt appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Egypt?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Egypt accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Egypt like?
- What are healthcare services like in Egypt?
- What are medical services in Egypt like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Egypt?
- What are emergency services like in Egypt?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Egypt?
- How are local medical facilities in Egypt?
- As a foreigner living in Egypt, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Is the cost of living in Egypt high?If you live in Egypt, newcomers to Egypt would love to hear your answer to this question: