Is the cost of living in Ireland high?
We asked people about the cost of living in Ireland, they wrote...
"The cost of living in Ireland is generally quite reasonable, with prices comparable to other European countries. In general, cities like Dublin tend to have a higher cost of living compared to the rest of the country. The rental prices for a nice one bedroom apartment can range anywhere from 1,500€ to 2,500€ per month, while a two bedroom can be between 2,000€ to 3,500€ per month. Eating dinner at a moderately priced restaurant in Ireland typically costs between 15€ and 25€ per person," remarked another expat in Ireland.
- What should I pack when moving to Ireland?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Ireland?
- Will I be able to find a job in Ireland?
- What is life like in Ireland?
- What do expats in Ireland appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Ireland?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Ireland accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Ireland like?
- What are healthcare services like in Ireland?
- What are medical services in Ireland like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Ireland?
- What are emergency services like in Ireland?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Ireland?
- How are local medical facilities in Ireland?
- As a foreigner living in Ireland, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
Is the cost of living in Ireland high?If you live in Ireland, newcomers to Ireland would love to hear your answer to this question:
About the Author
Betsy Burlingame is the Founder and President of Expat Exchange and is one of the Founders of Digital Nomad Exchange. She launched Expat Exchange in 1997 as her Master's thesis project at NYU. Prior to Expat Exchange, Betsy worked at AT&T in International and Mass Market Marketing. She graduated from Ohio Wesleyan University with a BA in International Business and German.
Some of Betsy's articles include 12 Best Places to Live in Portugal, 7 Best Places to Live in Panama and 12 Things to Know Before Moving to the Dominican Republic. Betsy loves to travel and spend time with her family. Connect with Betsy on LinkedIn.