What are the visa & residency requirements in Egypt?
We asked people about the visa & residency requirements in Egypt, they wrote...
"In order to visit Egypt, foreign nationals must obtain a visa prior to arrival. The process of applying for a visa involves submitting an application form, a valid passport, and a passport-sized photograph to the nearest Egyptian embassy or consulate. Depending on the purpose of the visit, additional documents may be required. In order to obtain residency in Egypt, foreign nationals must first obtain a residence permit. This can be done by submitting an application form, a valid passport, a passport-sized photograph, and proof of financial means to the nearest Egyptian embassy or consulate. Depending on the purpose of the residency, additional documents may be required. Once the application is approved, the applicant will receive a residence permit, which must be renewed every year," explained one expat living in Egypt.
- What should I pack when moving to Egypt?
- Where should I setup a bank account in Egypt?
- Will I be able to find a job in Egypt?
- What is life like in Egypt?
- What do expats in Egypt appreciate most about the local culture?
- What do expats find most challenging?
- Is there a lot of crime in Egypt?
- Is there a lot of diversity? Are people in Egypt accepting of differences?
- What are the schools in Egypt like?
- What are healthcare services like in Egypt?
- What are medical services in Egypt like?
- Are healthcare and health insurance expensive in Egypt?
- What are emergency services like in Egypt?
- Will I need to travel to see a specialist?
- Are common prescription medications available in Egypt?
- How are local medical facilities in Egypt?
- As a foreigner living in Egypt, will I have access to public healthcare? What is it like?
- What have your experiences during the pandemic with the local healthcare system been like?
What are the visa & residency requirements in Egypt?If you live in Egypt, newcomers to Egypt would love to hear your answer to this question: